Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Seduction by Nicole Jordan

Grade: A+
Cover Grade: C

The Cover:
It's not that there is something WRONG with this cover. It's just I don't like cheese. I like basic stuff, simple stuff. Although one really good thing that is going on here is the rose on the pillow, it symbolizes something from the book. I like the cover to connect with the book. Maybe if it was a real room and not this fake stuff I'd have given it a better grade.

From the Publisher:
As the most notorious rakehell in Regency London, Lord Damien Sinclair sought only his own pleasure, until his beloved younger sister, Olivia, was injured and her reputation ruined during a forbidden tryst. Now Damien will do anything to destroy the young nobleman guilty of hurting Olivia. . . . And Vanessa Wyndham will protect her foolish brother at all costs, even if it means entering into an illicit bargain with the dangerously handsome "Lord Sin." When Vanessa offers to act as a companion to Lord Sin's invalid sister, Damien agrees with one scandalous condition—he'll forgive her brother's debt if she agrees to become his mistress.

And so the seduction begins. But once the affair has ended, will they escape with their hearts intact?


From Me:
Have you ever read a book and you actually hurt for the characters. Not just felt bad but you had pain? Okay that sounds weird, let me explain. When I'm am about to cry for real and I don't want to I kinda get a sharp pain in my chest and sometimes down my arm into my hand. Now THAT happened to me a lot while reading this book. But before I get into it let me just say a big THANK YOU to Grace for getting me this book and the others in the series for Christmas! LOVE YOU GIRL!

Okay on we go...Vanessa's brother has done something so horrible so beyond repair that she really doesn't think there is anything she can do to fix it. While wasting away his days with his friends and spending money his family doesn't have, he lets himself get drawn into a wager of sorts. He must make a young girl fall in love with him and convince her to marry him, all the while never mean to really do it.

His plan works all to well, and when he breaks the news to the girl a horrible accident happens in her haste to flee and she is left unable to walk. The young girl, Olivia is none other than Damien's sister, Lord Sin.

In Damien's quest for revenge he takes everything from the man, who is no more than a boy himself, who hurt his sister. Holding his entire families lives in his hands he leaves Vanessa no choice but to bargain with the Devil himself. But neither of them expect to find what they do in the bargain.

I think I felt so much in the book cause you can so plainly see both sides, well actually there are more than two sides, of the story so clearly. Sometimes there is a clear cut right and wrong. Not here. Cause although Vanessa's brother did entirely wrong by Olivia did that mean that her mother her and her sisters should become destitute?

But at the same time how should Damien seek revenge? Or even justice? Without further damaging his sisters name there is little else to do and something should be done for the damage done his sister.

We watch Damien struggle with loving his sister, that he doesn't have a great relationship with, and also fight his desire for Vanessa. We also see Vanessa struggle with a friendship she never thought to have with the girl her brother broke and the secret she is keeping from her as she too struggles with her virtue with a man she is falling in love with. Vanessa also has to deal with loving and trying to forgive her brother for bringing all of this down of everyone. Where do you drawl the line with family?

I loved this book sooo sooo sooo very much and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Great job Nicole Jordan.

Grade~ A+

Read the Series in order:
The Seduction
The Passion
Desire
Ecstasy
The Prince of Pleasure

12 Comments:

Unknown said...

How the heck did I not know this book was a freakin' series? Oh man when I read this book a while back I cried and I laughed and I got that pain you talked about and my stomach hurt and it was just a crazy mess of emotions!! Let me tell you, Mike thought I was going insane when I read that book bc I'd get all pissed off at what was going on and come storming into the room all "Can you believe this shit?!" lol

I LOVED this book.

Nicole said...

I know! I actually read one of the middle one's Desire or Ecstasy, I'm not sure which, then I found out about the series. But I'm loving NJ! This is my second book by her.

Isn't it cool that her name is Nicole (same as me) Jordan (my son's name just spelled differantly).

Nicole said...

Oh and YEAY! CSR is my first official post here at Escape With Me.

Holly said...

This sounds really good, but dude, I'm so not all about the historicals. Oh, but you know what? Me and my cousin went to her UBS when I was visiting AZ and I think she bought this book.

I can't remember for sure, but I know she bought a bunch of NJ books. I'll have to ask her and see if I can borrow it. :)

Unknown said...

That's cuz I'm a badass Nicole. And you are such a dork!

Holly, read it. You won't be disappointed. I love historicals though.

Lori said...

I love this series - it's fantastic! You are going to dig the rest of them :)

I really liked that even though they both knew why Vanessa was there, they became friends first, and they truly respected each other before they got into bed.

And that's what totally threw Damien off his game LOL. Nicole Jordan rocks, yup.

Kelley Nyrae said...

LIke the new digs.

Stacy~ said...

I read this book years ago and absolutely loved it. Nicole, you are dead-on with your review. Totally, totally agree.

I'll definitely be coming by more often :) Thanx Holly for the heads-up.

Nicole said...

Stacy,
Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by, welcome! Glad to hear you'll be back.

I love NJ too. I mean this is only the second book I've read by her, but they were both freaking so good.

Kelley,
Hey girl! Glad to see you! Hey your on my sidebar as a fab new author, check it out!

Lori,
I know NJ is one of my new favorite authors, I can't wait to read the rest of her books. I not only have the rest of this series but two other series too, or is it just one other? I don't remember. But I'll be posting them all up here as I read them. So welcome and come back!

Kelley Nyrae said...

Hey!! Thanks for putting me on the sidebar!! Thats so cool.

Nicole said...

Glad to do it Kelley! You have great stuff in the works, and I'm excited about it all.

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=clone dvd 3.9.3 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg