Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Welcome!!!

***This is a sticky so scroll down for anything new***
Hey all! I just wanted to welcome everyone and let you all know I am so happy you've decided to stop by my new blog here at Escape With Me. I wanted to tell you all a little about what my blog will be, as far as I know right now lol, and what I have going on in my side bar. Along with why I chose my title.

I've chosen the title, Escape With Me, since it seemed the best way to describe why I read. Reading is my ESCAPE. Whether I'm stressed, sad, worried or plain old bored, I read and just immerse myself into another world. I love feeling emotions that aren't mine, I know an author is great when I feel the pain or happiness from within a character. When I can put myself inside the book as if I am the character. So in short there is no other way for me to explain my reading except to say it's my escape.

So moving on...as of right now I plan on just reviewing my books (well not JUST since I think my opinions are pretty damn entertaining, lol) and talking about anything book related and book blog related (gossip!). I will also have guest reviewers! Yup, I decided while I did want to do this blog on my own it would still be cool to get a review or just random thoughts and opinions from different people here and there. Daphne from SF will grace us with her presence on occasion as will Charm School Reject! Besides those two you'll be introduced to a few friends of mine that will be totally new to Blogland at all. So I hope that will all be fun. And I am more than open to anyone else interested in doing a guest blog here so let me know.

I'll still be interviewing authors that grab my special attention and be giving you any fun details I can pull out of them. And bringing you any special news I have on all my favorite authors.

On my sidebar you'll see a linked list of all my favorite authors AND a linked list of some new authors along with links to all of their special stuff and interviews. Also on the side are all my favorite book blogs, and lastly (for now at least) my "libraything".

On my librarything I only have books I've read. So if you see a book over there that I haven't reviewed and your interested to hear about it drop me a email and I'll be sure to put something up about it. And if anyone knows how to make the books center instead of right aligned please inform me cause that is soooo annoying me!

I hope to keep coming up with new ideas for posts and featuring current and fun things here but mostly I want you all to have fun. So please please please, if you have any ideas or suggestions for me....TELL ME! I'm all ears.

I am still in the process of moving and switching jobs but I am going to try and post as much as possible during that time. And when it's all done this will be one active blog! I promise! Thanks for all your support. Oh and if you really love me feel free to post something about my move on your blog. lol.

Oh and you'll all be happy to know I got myself a official spell checker! CSR. So if spell check doesn't catch it blame it on her! lol.

17 Comments:

Unknown said...

"Oh and you'll all be happy to know I got myself a official spell checker! CSR. So if spell check doesn't catch it blame it on her! lol."

Should I do grammar too?! lol

You crack me up!

Unknown said...

whats a sticky scroll?

Jennie said...

Pretty template! I love it.

Nicole said...

Jennie,
Thanks, hope to see you around!

CSR,
Yes! Do grammer too. lol. And I said it's a sticky, like I put a date for next week so that it will stay at the top of my page for awhile. And I said to scroll down for everything new. Got it? lol.

reviewer said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL.
Love the new blog, Jazzy!

Marg said...

New blog looks good!

Kris said...

The blog is very pretty! Sounds great too.

Nicole said...

Marg & Kris,
Thanks for stopping by to check me out. I hope you start to love it here and come by often!

Chantal,
Thanks girlie!

Kristie (J) said...

Thought I'd drop by and say hi. I was reading your blog and trying to figure out how I missed you and was thinking I knew you from somewhere though. Then the light dawned "Ahhh - Sanctuary's Finest! I'ts Jazz!" You guys are confusing me with you name changes *g*.
Last night I was thinking when I saw Book Binge and no Dylan "Oh no!!! They must have had a falling out - that's so sad!!!!!" Then I clued in that Dylan was Rowena and now you're Jazz *chuckle*.
Nice look! I like it.

Nicole said...

I know it's so confusing. lol. But Nicole is my real name and I decided to just go with it. I think over at SF I kept my sign on as Jazz but I would put Nicole at the end of my posts, trying to get everyone used to it. Guess it didnt' work that good, haha.

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you here often.

Kookie said...

And I hope to see myself here more often...thanks for the heads up over at my book blog about this new place, girl! :o)

Nicole said...

Yeay! Kookie you made it over. I was hoping you'd stop by and like it here!

Rowena said...

This is a great blog sweetie, looks great!

Nicole said...

Thanks Ween, come by often.

Rowena said...

You know I will!

Anonymous said...

Software Submitter Pro -
The Affiliate Code -
The Diet Solution Program -
Truth About Abs -
Zygor Guides -
3d covers -
500 scrapbooking sketches -
acid alkaline diet -
acne free in 3 days -
advanced pc tweaker -
apple patch diet -
art of approaching -
auction inspector -
av advance -
build a nice store -
burnthefat -
burn the fat -
carb rotation diet -
catch spouse cheating -
chikara reiki do -
combat the fat -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
copy that game -
cure gout now -
dl guard -
dog training online -
driver checker -
driver robot -
drop shipping wholesalers -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy backup wizard -
eatstopeat -

Anonymous said...

meet your sweet -
musclegainingsecrets -
muscle gaining secrets -
my online income system -
negative calorie diet -
no adware -
one minute cure -
one week marketing -
online pickup secrets -
partenon -
pc on point -
perfect optimizer -
perfect uninstaller -
pick the gender of your baby -
power cash secret -
profit lance -
publicrecordspro -
public records pro -
push button marketer -
quit smoking today -
registry easy -
registry easy download -
registry fix -
registry winner download -
reverse mobile -
reverse phone detective -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket spanish -
rss power plus -
sem business blueprint -
silent sales machine -
spam bully -
sports betting champ -
spyware cease -